Set in the heart of the North Yorshire moors. Dalby Forest has a long history for hosting many types of racing competitions and provides a stunning backdrop for the event.
The Track is one mile of fast sweeping tarmac through the Forest and speeds in excess of 50 mph are to be expected. In 2010 LG Racing were officially recorded at 59 MPH. (unofficially 65 MPH !!)
The course has high speed off camber corners, made even trickier by the changing light conditions caused by the dense tree cover. Crossing the finish line, carts will be doing around 50 mph and have to be capable of slowing down to a walking pace within 100 metres.
The course is not Suitable For Novelty Carts.
Full details at http://dalbysoapbox.webs.com/
In aid of the Pilgrims Hospice, Ashford and Aldington School PTFA, Aldington.
Full details at the Aldington Soapbox web site.
Full details at www.cartrace.pebmarsh.com.
The Catterline Cartie Challenge is an annual competition for home made "gravity powered" soapbox carties which is held as part of Catterline Gala Weekend. It was first held in 2005, and is now one of the highlights of the village year.
Entries for new teams will be available from Feb 7th 2010.
Details, entry forms, rules, etc are on Catterline Online.
- 1 mile a fast sweeping tarmac through Dalby Forest, North Yorkshire, speeds 50 mph+
- The format will be time trails Saturday Starting at 1 pm
- Head to head racing on Sunday starting at 10 am
- There is on site camping for everyone (available fri/sun)
- There will be a marquee for all the Teams to get together on Saturday night
- 20 Teams only so first come first served.
- Entry fee £45 per Team all inc.....
- All carts built to Belchford/Cadwell spec will be suitable only minor mods will be required ie rear view mirrors.
- More details and entry forms contact firstname.lastname@example.org