Award Winning Soapbox Racer for Sale
The Devils Rejects are selling "Delilah" to raise funds for a new build in 2011. "Delilah" ran at CSEx2010 and put in a great performance despite crashing out in qualifying, and finally finished in a very creditable second place.
- DMR 20mm 36 spoke hubs - £50 each and virtually bomb proof.
- Shwable Stelvio 1 1/8th 20” tyres ertro 451 not 406 so imperial 20” £17 each.
- Alex DA22 rims decent very light aluminium double wall rims £20 each.
- Avid 5 cable disc brakes (rear wheels) £50 each – Preferred by many mountain bikers as very simple to set up and don’t rub as much as hydraulics.
- Modified ‘tony kart’ stubb axles with internal bearings
- Adjustable Camber angles and toe in/out with rose joints and track rods.
- Ford Fiesta cut down steering box (rack pinion).
- 5 point harness.
- Computer Speedo – shows max speed, current speed, distance etc.
- 1” box section chassis. Very strong and has 6” protection zone in front of feet.
- La cucaracha air horns (though you’ll need your own 12v battery).
- Bodywork is a modified sombrero roof box and can be removed easily to give access to internals.