SCA CartieSim - Soapbox Speed Estimation Software
(right click and select "Save target as...")
Current version: 184.108.40.206
Release Date: 15 Mar 2013
SCA CartieSim has been developed by the Scottish Cartie Association as a tool for carte racers and race organisers. It allows cartie courses to be analysed to predict likely speeds and course times. In addition, it can highlight sections of the track where high speeds and tight cornering may cause difficulties and can be used to model the effect of chicanes on speeds.
Data can be loaded from Google Maps, GPS / SatNav data files and files created by Trackmaster, and the characteristics of individual carties entered to predict the effect of changes to weight, aerodynamics, etc.
- Course data loaded from GPS file, CSV file or online from Google Maps and satellite altitude database
- Import lap data recorded by Trackmaster
- Simple "Course Wizard" guides you through loading a new course
- Quick Edit tool to quickly see the effect altering cartie weight, drag, etc
- Calculates speed profile, time and maximum speed
- Calculates course data such as total length, average gradient, maximum gradient
- "Critical Velocity" calculation predicts sections where braking may be required
- Models dead, push and ramp starts
- Models different cartie configurations for comparison
- Calculates braking points
- Assess the effect of adding chicanes
- Calculates stopping distance after finish line
- Export course profile and map to image file (licensed version only)
- Free download
SCA CartieSim can be downloaded for free. All the features work fully and are not time limited, but the main chart is watermarked and you cannot export the chart or the course map.
A license costs just £20, and all proceeds go to help the Scottish Cartie Association promote and run cartie races.